Monday, March 10, 2014

Waiting for the clock to tick to the next second


What do you do when you have nothing to do?

I love to fish and rock climb. In the winter I've always skied and did a lot of ice climbing. I could use a few days off just to catch my breath and try and get caught up.

My dad is at the opposite end of the spectrum. He watches time crawl past. He sits looking out the window on a street where no one walks in the winter. He's tired from reading, doesn't have the energy to play the guitar, has no hobbies and plays no sports. He has nothing to do but fight leukemia. It takes all his efforts, all day, almost everyday.


This is what its like when you get this cancer. You look out the window and wait for the cancer to pass, with little energy to do more than watch the clock tick by.


-Rob Skeoch 

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters of Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on my father as he battles leukemia.

No comments:

Post a Comment