Sunday, March 9, 2014

Leica O Street Photography, Bike Courier in the Cold


I've been shooting for a few months with the Leica O and have finally gotten an image that I'm happy with. I ducked into one of the bank towers to warm up and change a roll of film. It takes me about five minutes to change a roll. In fact it takes a while just to rewind the film back into the can once it's done. I can see why future versions of cameras had a quick rewind crank on them. It would sure speed things up.

While changing the roll I noticed a bike courier had ducked into the building as well to warm up and have a coffee. He reminded me of a flying ace with his goggles and bulky coat and pants. 

It's the first shot taken with the Leica O that I'm happy with.



-Rob Skeoch 

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters of Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Norman Mauskopf is one of my mentors on a project that ties together street photography and a touch of the history of photography as I drift through Toronto using a Leica O camera that was designed in 1923. You can learn more about the Leica 0 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment