Sunday, October 20, 2013

Portrait of a 49'ers fan


I used a new plan today. 
As usual I was set up on the street waiting for people to walk by so I could start a conversation and hope to make a portrait.

I set up right outside the main door to one of the bars and instead of shooting people as they walked by, I photographed people entering or leaving the bar as well as those coming outside for a smoke.

These three shots were the most successful of the bunch. A couple of the other shots had the subject near the edge of the frame but there hands were so distorted from the wide angle that the image didn't work.

Of the three images I like the centre image of Al best even though he is a 49's fan.





-Rob Skeoch 
Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com 
My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment