Sunday, October 20, 2013

Details and buildings along Kenilworth Avenue


Lloyd's Variety sits about halfway up Kenilworth Avenue and many nights has the only lights on for a block. It's classic for this area and a main hub for those that need a quart of milk or pack of smokes. I've photographed it a couple times, day and night but like this image the best of the group.




The row of homes is further up the street. Each door seems unique and the construction seems to have taken place piece by piece over the years. If you live here, then you're right in the middle of the Kenilworth action. Whether you like it or not.


Although he wouldn't pose for a portrait showing his face, I was able to convince this resident to slow down for a few minutes and let me shoot the pipe he was using. Not sure it held that much tobacco though.


-Rob Skeoch 

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com 
My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment